Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What wordpress.com must be improved?

I am a SEO consultant. The first thing I like in wordpress.com is: it has some advantages may help me get a page with high Google page rank. However, there’ re a lot of things that wordpress.com need to be improved more if they want to attract more users.

I’ve read a comparison between wordpress.com and blogger of Google. You can find it here http://pulsed.blogspot.com/2007/07/blogger-wordpress-chart.html

From this article, we can see that WordPress limits a lot of things that a blogger needs to improve his site for SEO.

I do not want to repeat all things in above entry here. I just want to add some additional points and press some strong factors (in my opinion):

1. Should allow user can customize meta tags of a specific page (description, keyword, …). It is necessary for SEO

2. Should allow user post JS script or adding embed tags. I know that is risk because some hackers may make use of that to do some Cross site scripting hacks. However, why blogger allow that? It makes user feel more convenient.

3. Should allow user customize the HTML structure of the template. That help user can create creative theme page and SEO friendly whenever they need.

All of professional bloggers need their page must be SEO friendly and easy to customize. If wordpress can not improve these feature, it will be only a shadow beside the Google giant.

Wait and see what they will do in the future? who knows?


No comments: