Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

ASP.NET MVC - how to implement the plugin architecture

A long time ago, I've built a framework in ASP.NET based on ideas of Joomla (call it Joomla.NET). I improved some weak things in the Joomla architecture and port it to ASP.NET. However, the most favorite thing I like in Joomla is its plugin architecture. So, when ASP.NET MVC is emerging, the first question I put in my mind is: how I can implement the plugin architecture with this?

The most difficult thing to implement this with MVC is: we must have some ways to include all things related to a specific plugin (View, Controller, Model) into one assembly (dll) to package it. If we can do that, the rest thing of Plugin architecture is only the implementing a loading mechanism to load plugin and run.

I do not have much time to answer this question at that time.
Recently, I've found a great article about this.

http://www.wynia.org/wordpress/2008/12/05/aspnet-mvc-plugins/


This inspires me to update my JoomlaNet framework with MVC architecture. Currently, I am very busy with others. I will be back to JoomlaNet in the future.

Thanks J Wynia for this article.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Anonymous said...

i truly love your own posting taste, very charming.
don't give up as well as keep writing due to the fact that it simply just truly worth to look through it.
excited to see even more of your own content articles, have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Well your article helped me altogether much in my college assignment. Hats afar to you dispatch, intention look ahead for the duration of more interrelated articles without delay as its united of my pick issue to read.

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for discussing this kind of nice post with a decent subject, such wonderful talent you have.

Anonymous said...

It can be pathetic that there are individuals not browsing over this website. Best wishes